Skip to main content

Strength

I have had the most incredible three weeks. I have always dreamt of becoming a journalist. You'll know this if you have been reading this blog for a while, but ever since I was in year 9 or so, I have wanted to be working in a newsroom. For the last three weeks I have been doing work experience at The Sun. I have been working on news, sport and showbiz and each desk has been fabulous.
They have allowed me to write pieces in the paper and take on challenges that I haven't been able to before.

I finish my time at the national paper today but last night was the peak of my experience here. Last year I was in a pretty bad place and I listened to Dua Lipa on repeat. No joke, ask my housemates. The artist really helped me through a shit time and last night I saw her live. But on top of this I got sent there by The Sun for free. My heart was so full that this year had come full circle. From questioning my career choice as it had lost me a boyfriend in January to in December dancing around with one of my best friends as a part of my dream job to the very artist I was crying to at the start of the year. It was so poignant for me.

It has shown me that, although this is cliche, that everything does happen for a reason. If I didn't get my heartbroken I wouldn't be as close to my friends as I am now, I wouldn't have a byline in a national paper and I wouldn't be living out my dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Story - why the film shouldn't be banned

Blue Story was released on Friday, a movie about teenagers growing up in London and how they are sucked into gang culture. The film, which has been likened to the hit show Top Boy, has now been banned from all Vue cinema's in light of an incident at one of their venues in Birmingham - a decision that I think is ridiculous. Photo from Rapman's Instagram. While the safety of cinema goers is of course integral, the incident in question has not been directly linked to the film. In addition, many of the people involved are not even old enough to watch the rated 15 movie . Police have not mentioned the movie in any of their inquiries and have not recommended a ban - something the media has not shone as much of a light on. The reason this has got under my skin is that after I watched the movie on Sunday the message I took away from it is that the systematic culture of gangs is heartbreaking and unnecessary. At the heart of this film its creator Rapman is trying to say that, whil

Something a bit personal

Hello lovelies! Today I want to speak about something a bit personal to do with my family so if you aren't interested in that kind of stuff I'll give you warning now to leave! About 2 years ago I lost someone in my life who I looked up to and I was so close to. My brother walked out of my life to start a new one with his girlfriend and ever since I've been kind of lost. I didn't realise how much it had affected me until recently which is why I'm posting this. Mine and my brothers relationship was a close one; I'd tell him everything and visa versa. We of course had the odd spat but that's the same with every relationship, isn't it? I never really knew how much I needed him until he was gone, isn't that always the case? He just left and dropped me like he didn't care and I believe that he doesn't care about me or my family. He hasn't spoken to us in 2 and a bit years and to be quite honest I don't think he ever will. Now whenever som

Christmas is here!

Hi all! Christmas is upon us and I absolutely love this time of year! Everyone is happy and the Christmas spirit allows everyone to be kind towards each other. Working in retail means that I have to work on Christmas Eve but it's one of my highlights. It gets me in the Christmas mood and I also get first look at the Boxing Day bargains which is great as I work in Superdrug! The look I usually go for around this season is wearing more purple and navy colours which this year has been emphasised as I've dyed my hair purple. I needed a change; I had my hair ombre for the best part of a year and I needed something to make me stand out and to boost my confidence again. I've been feeling really self conscious lately and this was exactly what I needed to get myself back to myself again! The reception for it has been positive and I have been more confident so it worked (yay!). Here's what it looks like, let me know what you think! I hope you all have a wonderful Christma