Skip to main content

Writing opportunities

Hello lovelies. If you are my friend on Facebook then you will know that I have recently became a blogger for a company called 'University cribs'. This is so exciting for me because all I've wanted to do since I was 13 was to become a journalist and being able to write for a company that has thousands of readers is amazing. This opportunity came to me through my friend Ashlea, the company were advertising for student bloggers and as I write this blog Ashlea tagged me in the post and got all of this rolling. I suppose the reason that I'm writing this post is to kind of inspire some of you who are thinking of starting a blog but haven't built the confidence too yet.

I started writing my blog nearly two years ago now. The reason that I started it was that I write for a local magazine in Melksham, I've been doing that for 3 years, and I'm the kids columnist. This means that I don't get to write about what I want to as children don't really want to know about politics, make up or R rated movie reviews, they prefer how to make chocolate easter eggs etc. so I needed an outlet where I could write what I wanted. This is around the time that I was obsessed with Zoella and Tanya Burr, (I still love youtubers but not those particular ones any more haha), and they were talking about their blogs all of the time. This is how I got the idea to start my own blog. I stumbled across blogger and started one up and here we are. This has opened the door to many opportunities. I posted one of my film reviews on Facebook and one of the editors of my Uni magazine suggested that I wrote for them, I gave it a shot and I've written two articles for them so far. My blog also gave me the confidence to reach out to companies like the one my friend pointed me towards. It also builds your confidence in your own writing.

If you choose to start your blog on blogger it has this amazing feature where you can see how many people have read your posts and where they come from. this is amazing for your confidence as you know your family and friends will read your blog because they're supporting you, but when you see someone from another country has read your blog you know that they're reading it out of interest and it does make you feel proud.

So if you are feeling a little worried about beginning a blog just think you have nothing to lose. You are writing for yourself, getting what you want to say out into the world, which is the reason we want to write blogs in the first place. If you start your blog in search of fame and fortune your writing wont be as good as you wont be passionate about what you're writing as you'd be writing to please the audience. Write what you want to and when the success comes your way it'll feel even better

Take the plunge,
LMR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Story - why the film shouldn't be banned

Blue Story was released on Friday, a movie about teenagers growing up in London and how they are sucked into gang culture. The film, which has been likened to the hit show Top Boy, has now been banned from all Vue cinema's in light of an incident at one of their venues in Birmingham - a decision that I think is ridiculous. Photo from Rapman's Instagram. While the safety of cinema goers is of course integral, the incident in question has not been directly linked to the film. In addition, many of the people involved are not even old enough to watch the rated 15 movie . Police have not mentioned the movie in any of their inquiries and have not recommended a ban - something the media has not shone as much of a light on. The reason this has got under my skin is that after I watched the movie on Sunday the message I took away from it is that the systematic culture of gangs is heartbreaking and unnecessary. At the heart of this film its creator Rapman is trying to say that, whil

Something a bit personal

Hello lovelies! Today I want to speak about something a bit personal to do with my family so if you aren't interested in that kind of stuff I'll give you warning now to leave! About 2 years ago I lost someone in my life who I looked up to and I was so close to. My brother walked out of my life to start a new one with his girlfriend and ever since I've been kind of lost. I didn't realise how much it had affected me until recently which is why I'm posting this. Mine and my brothers relationship was a close one; I'd tell him everything and visa versa. We of course had the odd spat but that's the same with every relationship, isn't it? I never really knew how much I needed him until he was gone, isn't that always the case? He just left and dropped me like he didn't care and I believe that he doesn't care about me or my family. He hasn't spoken to us in 2 and a bit years and to be quite honest I don't think he ever will. Now whenever som

Christmas is here!

Hi all! Christmas is upon us and I absolutely love this time of year! Everyone is happy and the Christmas spirit allows everyone to be kind towards each other. Working in retail means that I have to work on Christmas Eve but it's one of my highlights. It gets me in the Christmas mood and I also get first look at the Boxing Day bargains which is great as I work in Superdrug! The look I usually go for around this season is wearing more purple and navy colours which this year has been emphasised as I've dyed my hair purple. I needed a change; I had my hair ombre for the best part of a year and I needed something to make me stand out and to boost my confidence again. I've been feeling really self conscious lately and this was exactly what I needed to get myself back to myself again! The reception for it has been positive and I have been more confident so it worked (yay!). Here's what it looks like, let me know what you think! I hope you all have a wonderful Christma